6.03.2017

Make Your Own Background


Have you been missing us? Fortunately it's Monday again and a new


This week we want you to 

MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND

that means no patterned papers, no ready backgrounds, 
more mixed-media work and all that your imagination tells you to do!

As it's first Monday of the month, we showcase a company products.
This week we are honoured to work with DYLUSIONS PRODUCTS.
Aren't they perfect for making backgrounds? 
Can't wait to see your creations!

In addition to the fun of making your own background 
and playing with colors, patterns, textures, 
you could be a winner of a $50 voucher and spend it in a greatest 
We're waiting for you!


You can not imagine how much fun I had with this project. 
Starting with my pages I haven't got any idea of what I wanted to do.
I only knew I'd use a tissue paper fot texture and Purple Paint.
The rest was appearing in my mind while I was working.
This is the most frequent way of working for me.
I rarely have a plan or a vision of the final look. 



This is my purple/pink/gold garden and here below you can find pictures 
of each stage of my creation, hoping you get inspired to try this.


1. Cover the pages with thin layer of gel medium, crumble a tissue paper 
and adhere it covering all the surface.
2. Paint it all with Crushed Grape Dyslusions Paint.
3. Give a metallic touch to the edges with Metallique Dark Velvet Paint.
4. Showcase the texture by touching with Opal Magic Violet Gold Paint.
5. Stamp some circles with Dylusions Black Marble Paint.
6. Fill the insides of the circles with Dylusions White Linen Paint.


 7. Make circles with a twine and glued them where 
the stamped circles were with gel medium. 
8. Color the insides with Dylusions Bubble Gum Paint
Mix gel medium, violet gold paint with Micro Beads 
and place into the circles.  
9. Trim your kitchen sticks for the lenghts needed 
as a stems to your flowers and paint them into black 
covering with violet-gold paint. 
Adhere them with gel medium to the background.
10. Die-cut Penny Black Lively die from a cardboard 
and color them with Dylusions Fresh Lime Spray. 
11. Highlight the edges of the leaves with Metallique Black Berry Paint.








Products used: