12.06.2017

Touchy Feely



Hi everyone and welcome to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
This week the thing is to make a TOUCHY FEELY projects!


Take all your textures od 3D elements and join us ASAP!
Remember you can be a winner of $50 voucher and spend it 
at Simon Says Stamp Store which has a huge quantity of goodies!


Those who know me and my crafting know also that I love textures!
The more uneven surfaces the better. 
I love to make this kind of backgrounds and then see how the colors 
spread and mix on them giving unexpected results. 
This week I have made a tag with a touchy feely background.
See below the steps I have taken to make this project.


Few weeks ago I made a card with frame made with leftovers.
This week I decided to use them again. 
I never throw away leftovers after die cutting in a solid cardboards. 
I love to use negative die-cuts or use pieces for textured backgrounds. 


This time I took some pieces left from Pipelines die-cutting 
and applied them on my tag with Gel Medium. 
I covered all the surface with White Gesso making the last layer 
randomly uneven. Then I applied some Distress Oxides.


I applied also a darker color of Distress Oxide in between the cardboard.
Then I started to color the elements with Prima Oil Pastel Crayons, 
keeping them all in blue shades. Finally I covered all the surface with Opal Magic Yellow-Blue Acrylic Paint to give a nice shine. 


I stamped Artful Flowers and leaves from Spring Flowers on a watercolor paper.
I wanted them to pop-up so colored them with the most vibrant colors I have found in my stash: Candied Apple, Squeezed Orange and Fresh Lime. 


I fussy cut them and placed on my tag adhering with 3D dots.








   



15 komentarzy:

  1. I love this. It is beautiful, the flowers so pretty against your textured background.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Gorgeous tag Macarena! I love how you saved the leftover pieces and used them to create such an awesome textured background! the colours and whole design of this is so beautiful, I love the flowers too, very pretty :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Excellent and very inspiring!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. This is gorgeous, Macarena! I love how you used the pipelines set on this one and the flowers are so vibrant and beautiful. Love it!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. This is brilliant! I love the idea of using the negative of the pipe die cut to go under bright and beautiful flowers! Wow!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. How amazing that you used those left over pipelines with those gorgeous flowers to create such a beautiful tag, it is stunning! I love this! Anne xx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Very cool tag. I love the texture and the bright colors!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Oh, you are the queen of fussy-cutting! This is a marvelous tag -- definitely texture-rich! I enjoyed reading your description of how you assembled your background, too. Hope all is well.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. You know I have a thing for backgrounds and your is AMAZING!!!!!! I also love the way you colored the flowers, very inspiring!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Brilliant idea using the leftovers to make the background! Love, love the bright colors you chose for this, Macarena! Stunning tag!! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. stunning tag Macarena...love the left overs background and wow those flowers sure do pop beautifully...enjoy your weekend my friend...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. This tag is just stunning, Marzena and I love the colours you've used, they're just so vibrant...the whole piece makes me want to smile wide with happiness! Hugs <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. I love those vibrant flowers Macarena! And the background is stunning!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. Gorgeous work! love how you built your flowers, so rich in color! The background is a fab idea! So original! Love love love! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. Wow.. those flowers and the texture on the background are fabulous, Macarena. Love the whole design of this tag! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń