07.08.2017

Happy Birthday



Today at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge there is a special post 
and a special occasion because it's our SEVENth BIRTHDAY!!! 

Can you believe it? Seven years of all the fabulous inspirations!


Since the celebration is so special there couldn't be another theme than

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Since it's first Monday of the month and taking in consideration 
this special occasion, we showcase this week Simon Says Stamp 
exclusive products. If you have them, please apply them in your 
projects and share them with us asap. 

To encourage you even more, let me say that due to our B-day
we have this week not one but TWO $50 VOUCHERS
for two random winners who could spend them at SSS Store!



I went into a Birthday card with a very mixed-media background
and kept in my favorite pink/purple color combo.
See the details and close ups below! 



I applied Distress Grit Paste through Large Dots stencil by SSS 
and gave a bit of shine by applying Opal Magic Violet-Gold paint. 


Then I went to the best part - coloring with Infusions and Metallique paints.
When the result ws the way I wanted, I calmed down the rich purples with White Gesso applied with a dry brush and Nuvo Mousse Pure Plainum. 
I really loved the steps of coloing and the final effect. 


I colored the words with the same Metallique Paints and the leaves with Distress Oxide Peled Paint and covering the color with gesso and Nuvo Mousse too.





Products used:



12 komentarzy:

  1. oooh, how gorgeous is this! the colours, textures and shimmer are altogether fabulous!I love how you framed the 'happy birthday' and added the leaves, the whole design is stunning! :-)

    Thank you so much for being such a great teamie! I love our chats and hope that one day we get to meet in real life :-) you are such a wonderful inspiration to us all! :-) XXX

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Beautiful beautiful beautiful Macarena!!!! Love the color combo..those shiny effects are gorgeous!!! Hugs xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. What a beautiful card, Macarena! I love the combination of colors and the textures you've achieved in the background are fabulous. So pretty!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. What fabulous textures - and I love how you softened the vivid colours with a hint of Peeled Paint Oxide - what a great layered effect it gives. Great dimension with the leaves and the frame - it's a lovely card to celebrate with.
    Alison x
    And thank you for your lovely words about my tag last week too!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Macarena, your card is more like a work of art!! Stunning! I love the wonderful textures, and your colors are rich and amazing, just gorgeous! hugs, Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Gorgeous texture and dimension! WOW! : )

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. love everything about this card Macarena...gorgeous colours and fabulous texture...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Queen of texture !!!! Love love love this card, it's absolutely stunning! Colors are incredible!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. A gorgeous blend of colours and I love all the texture and dimension...this is beautiful Marzena! Hugs... :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. Wow.. this is such a gorgeous creation, Macarena. The texture and color scheme you created are stunning! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. The colors on this card are amazing Macarena! I also love all those dots and the frame with the leaves sticking out.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. This card is SO PRETTY! I love what you did with the stencil! You are always so very creative and you've been the main reason I've bought quite a few supplies! You are inspiring and I love your style!

    OdpowiedzUsuń